Well, as mentioned in the previous Oak Hill post, we are doing an in ground garden instead of the lasagna style that Big Oak normally does. So today I got my tractor back and went and picked up the plow and discs that go with it. This worked super swell, well the plow did anyhow. The discs, not so great. Maybe need some more weight on the discs to make them work better. We are cutting fresh ground here after all. The plow rolled the sod well and also dug up a bunch of rock. Eli helped me with it and we cut the ground first one way, then the other, but we ended up caught in the rain and had to quit before we were finished. So once the weather breaks we will try the discs again with some more weight on them and see what happens. We already planted a bunch of tomato plants and tried the straw/hay bale experiment. It worked at the ridge, but it seems to be failing here. We tried cucumbers in the hale bales and the are all dieing. 5 are still alive, but the rest have died. We are going to try transplanting whats left in the dirt and see if we can save them.
On to some pix!